House Plants/repotting corn plant

QUESTION: I'm sorry I was unable to retrieve your answer

ANSWER: Hi Maureen,

I can tell you from over 30 years of experience that your Corn Plant does not need to be repotted. Please tell me why you think it does because there may be some other issue that I can help you resolve at no cost to you.

FYI, I do provide the kind of service you are seeking in Manhattan, but only if necessary. I cannot give you specific information on this site. If you want additional information about my services, please contact me at 917-887-8601 or at

You can also go to my website at for my contact information.

Best regards,

Will Creed, Owner
Horticultural Help, NYC

QUESTION: I was thinking that it would become pot bound.

Hi Maureen,

That is a common misunderstanding about indoor potted plants. Indoor plants are in less than ideal growing environments and their root growth slows down accordingly rather than continuing to grow ever larger. In fact, in many instances the root systems actually shrink back over time.

I have written detailed articles on repotting and on Corn Plant care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to

or email me at or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College