House Plants/Braided money tree

Question
My money tree is growing great but some of the leaves are starting to turn brown on the ends .  is it possible i have a fungus or something and what can I do,  I don't want to loose my tree

Answer
Hi Donna,

Brown leaf tips on a Money Tree (Pachira) has several possible causes, but fungus or any other disease or pest problem in not among them.

If the tipping is limited to a few older (lower) leaf tips, then that is quite normal. If it is more extensive than that, then it may be that the soil has gotten too dry or the water level has dropped too low. Even a single incident of too little water will cause brown tips.

If your water is on the hard side, then use filtered or distilled water. If you have been fertilizing, stop.

Too little or too much sun can also cause leaf tip browning. Avoid more than an hour or two each day of the sun's rays falling directly on the leaves. On the other hand, keep you plant no more than about 4-5 feet from a sunny window.

Trim off the brown tips, as they will not recover.

I have written a detailed article on Money Tree care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed