House Plants/HELP! MY Anthurium is dying.

WillC wrote at 2016-03-13 20:53:50
Hi Manuela,

Your Anthurium is primarily suffering from inadequate light. Secondarily, it is not properly potted and being kept too moist.

Bathroom light is rarely very good and Anthuriums require lost of very bright indirect sunlight with a couple of hours of direct sunlight each day. A completely uncovered east windowsill is best. Without adequate light, nothing else matters.

The size of the pot and quality of the soil reveals that your Anthurium was not properly potted. It should have been left in its original nursery pot. The poor soil quality is retaining moisture for too long and it is also the source of the bugs. Honestly, your Anthurium is in such poor shape that it is unlikely to recover at this point.

In the future, make sure you have proper light for any plants you acquire. And avoid repotting them.

~Will Creed, Indoor plant expert

House Plants

Richard Hern