House Plants/HELP! MY Anthurium is dying.

Question
Single Anthurium Leaf Left
Single Anthurium Leaf  

Closeup of Anthurium Base/Root
Closeup of Anthurium B  
Hi, I bought my Anthurium from Bunnings and it started doing really well.

But then, all the leaves started going brown and dying, including the flowers. Now, the plant has a single, ugly green leaf that is mostly brown. WHAT DID I DO?

It lives in our bathroom, so in a humid environment, i fertilize once a month, and i water 2/3 times a week. It gets constant, bright indirect light.

I also noticed it has little white bugs running around the bottom of it.

Answer
Manuela,
Sounds like you have a watering problem .
Water your plant based on how much it weighs when thoroughly watered VS when they are ready to be watered again. Plants die from too frequent waterings (or going too long in between waterings), not from how much water you give them at one time. Pick the pot up and feel how heavy it is after watering it thoroughly. Don't water it again until it feels considerably lighter and the top of the soil is light in color. Depending on plant types, sunlight exposure and pot size plants will need water at many different rates from once a day to once a month or more . Remove dead plant parts back to the live area.
Plants do need to be fertilized every month or so to stay healthy...
Start watering properly.
Send me a photo of the white bugs so I can ID them.  
Good luck
Rick in southern NJ USA

House Plants

Richard Hern