House Plants/Anthurium Utah

Question
My Lavender Anthurium Utah flowers have turned green. How do I make the flowers lavender again?
Thank you

Answer
Hi Alisha,

Anthurium 'Utah' is a hybrid, meaning it did not naturally produce lavender colored flowers. If the flowers are turning from lavender to green as they fade and die back, then you may get new lavender flowers in the future. However, it is comma for hybrids to revert to their original species color, which may be green, after the initial bloom. Of course, retailers never tell you this. Unfortunately, the flower color is genetically determined and there is nothing you can do to change it.

Let's hope that your hybrid is one that does not revert but that will produce new lavender flowers going forward.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at: www.HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed