House Plants/What plant is this?

WillC wrote at 2016-06-12 14:09:57
Your plant is a Heart-leafed Philodendron. Having a single stem (vine) planted by itself in an oversized pot is a recipe for failure. All of that excess soil will take a very long time to dry out and prevent oxygen from entering the root zone. Watering by weight is totally subjective and unreliable. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out and add just enough water so the top inch dries out again in about a week. Your boss has given you a very difficult and unfair chore! Good luck!

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ