Human Resources/can they

Question
my previous employer belives i was doing refunds and taking the money but there is no proof of what was going on because there is no surveillance cameras they just have recipes that the refunds were being done on my shift is this a reason for them to with hold my check and can they cancel my direct deposit because of it?

Answer
If they think they can prove you were taking money that was not yours they can recoup the money but they have to be able to prove it to take your check.

you need to talk to an attorney or to the Department of Labor and find out what you can do. I do not think they can withhold your check without proof but this is more of a legal question and I would have to say an attorney would know. Many will do one free consultation for you just have to look and call some of them.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR