Human Resources/Choosing a career between HR and Sales

Question
Dear Sir !

One more thing I wanted to discuss, as when I was in Sales I was not getting sufficient time for my studies and hobies even my friends and siblings were upset as I was not able to give sufficient time to them. But in HR now I am managing my timings quite well. I can even give time for my further studies which I like the most.

Kindly clear one dilemma whether Sales jobs give more remuneration than HR? I want after my marriage I would be this much able that I can take care of my family in the best possible way. I want to have a good package which will help me to support my family in the best possible way.

Regards.

Answer
Dear Manish
As I mentioned earlier, you need to be clear about priorities. As you rightly said, in HR you are likely to get more time with family than in Sales. As far as remuneration is concerned, in the initial years, Sales may pay more. However, if you do well in HR, then that will also be well paying.

So you need to decide whether you would want to earn more initially at the cost of time with family & friends or would like to invest time with family & friends and make it up financially by doing well in HR.

Hope this helps. Do revert with your thoughts & I will be happy to add further. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava