Human Resources/HR related queries

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have completed my post graduation in MBA with HR(Human Resource Management)as my specialization with 8.4(CGPA) in 2012 April. i am working with KALANJALI group of industries as a HR Trainee(from july 2nd 2012) in Hyderabad. as i am a fresher my package is 1 lakh per annum.
   sir, please suggest me any course related to HR or such things that will be helpful in building my career strong and will lead me to enter into MNC companies. I want to be settled in Administrative side.

Thank you Sir,

Thanks you for your question, Khan.  Here is my advice.

Since you are regarded as a trainee and considered a fresher I am assuming you have limited experience in Human Resources (HR).

My advice is very simple.  If you would like a career in HR in HR, I would highly advise seeking out a position, trainee/fresher is OK, with a MNC.  I would look for an operating location in India that is operated by an MNC that is based in North Asia.  For example, my former USA based company’s Asia headquarters is based in Shanghai.  It had 20 plants in about 10 Asia Pacific countries.  This is a perfect situation to look for.  You are working in an MNC, you have exposure to MNC executives in Asia and to MNC visitors and executives who travel from the home company country base.  If you can move to an MNC, the next step is to be aggressive about your work, volunteer for projects, be vocal about your career objectives, always remain positive and helpful, and be a team player.

I realize that is much easier to say than to do.  But if you would like a career in a MNC, the easiest was to get that started is to work for one, and work your way up.  You can do it!

I hope you find that helpful Khan.  Best of luck to you with your work and career!

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.