Human Resources/Job switch from Marketing to HR management

Question
I had done my MBA(Marketing & HR),I am handling Business Development for a firm (Exp. 1 Lyra)which provides Training & Development services to industries,institutes & individuals.I want to become a Trainer in near future.There are lot of organizations which provides the training to would be trainers but I think practical knowledge as a HR personnel will help me a lot to become a trainer.Therefore I want to switch to HR field from business development /Marketing It will help me to build a strong foundation of knowledge base.
Sir,Is it a good plan to move ahead?
I need your valuable feedback,Please help me in this regards

Answer
Dear Prashant
Being a trainer is not necessarily about HR. For example, there are sales trainers who do a fantastic job of training sales people. They have an excellent understanding of sales issues and what is required to be a good sales person. They also have the ability to train. So they become very good sales trainers.

The key question you need to answer is - what kind of training do you want to provide? Once you are clear about that, then it will help in understanding what experience/ background you need to be good at that.

If you are not clear about that right now, share whatever thoughts you have in that regard and we can work towards bringing it to some clarity.

On the other hand, I do want to understand your perspective on why you feel that moving to HR will help you build a strong foundation base. If you can share that thinking, it will help me add other perspectives.

Hope this helps you shape your thinking further. Do revert with your thoughts & reflections & I will be happy to respond further. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava