Human Resources/career management

what contribution can a career management program make to an organization that is forced to downsize?

Lifelong learning and relationship management form the backdrop of successful career management. Creating a vision and plan are also essential to guiding informed investment decisions and establishing annual goals. The career vision we establish should be broad enough to be flexible, but specific enough to be actionable. This career vision, built on a profile of our unique traits, directs our choices to develop what we need to be satisfied and be able to successfully contribute in different work environments over the years.

One solution could be the introduction of corporate or 'in-house' career management programs. While the current emphasis on career self-responsibility is holding strong, progressive organizations concede that helping employees with their career development has definite business benefits.
Corporate career management programs assist employees with defining career goals, mapping career paths, creating action plans, and navigating through their career development and challenges.
In a recent article in Canadian HR Reporter, TD Bank's vice-president of learning and development, Jane Hutcheson, is quoted as saying that employee career assistance has become a “huge priority” for her organization. It had to, she contends, because the bank wants to be an employer of choice, an important designation among organizations fiercely competing for top talent. According to the article, TD's employee research indicated that the number-one reason why employees want to work at TD and what will keep them there and motivated to give their “discretionary effort”—is the opportunity for skill and career development.

Source : Google

Human Resources

Avani Bhatnagar

I can help students of Training and Development and HR with questions pertaining to Training - types, activities, experience required for a particular job as a trainer etc. I could help with a few HR related functions. Also, I could provide detailed help with Trainings on Soft Skills , Voice and Accent , Customer Service etc.

I am an MBA(HR and Comm), was working as a Manager - Training and Development.with a consultancy based out of South Delhi. My current role is a position based out of Noida where in I head the Learning, Content and Delivery Department. This Department was started by me as a Training and Development Inititiative which has now grown to train all employees across all verticals at my organisation. As a Manager, I am involved in a number of functions and my role entails a blend of Recruitment, HR and Training and Development. As and when required, it also delves into certain Operational functions as well as Financial roles and responsibilities. I have primarily been into Training and Development - Behavioural , Corporate Training. I have also had the opportunity to delve into conducting Leadership, Motivation Trainings for a few CEOs and VPs of a few small organizations. Psychometric Tools and assessments is another forte. Competency Mapping has been conducted by a team that I led, specially for Recruitment purposes. I have also been into COUNSELING, COACHING and FEEDBACK. A total work exp of close to 8 years into HR and Training and Development - Developing and designing modules for US and UK based clients,VOICE AND ACCENT, SOFT SKILLS TRAINING, CUSTOMER SERVICE, SALES, Interpersonal Communication, Business Communication, PD etc. I have also been a TEAM LEAD.

IBM , NIIT, Vertex , Altametrics Inc. , Perot Systems, Learning Touch, Job Express, Infosys

Outlook, Dainik jagran

BA - Eng, Psychology, Economics BJMC Masters In Mass Communication MBA - HR and marketing

Chosen as Young Talent Selected for the position of a Lead Trainer within 17 days of joining IBM. This was based on English, communication skills, attitude and behaviour. Won many laurels as a debator.

IBM , NIIT, Vertex , Altametrics Inc. , Perot Systems, Learning Touch, Job Express, Corportae Gurukul, Infosys