Human Resources/Selecting the right course work

Question
Dear Mr. Dromsky,

I am an international graduate student in the Department of Sociology pursuing a M.A at a University in Houston, TX. I am interested in pursuing a career in HR and have relevant work experience in working as a HR generalist and recruiter in the real estate industry as well as in the financial industry in India.

I am planning on enrolling for a course which would add to my knowledge and help me to find a job in the area of HR here in the US. I have the option of choosing two courses: 1. HR management in Oil and GAS sector 2. HRD in Organizational Development Interventions. I am confused about which course to choose and would thus like to know your opinion. I would be very grateful if you would kindly guide me to make the right choice and help me further my aspirations.

I have the course syllabus details. If you would need them to help you answer my question please let me know. Eagerly waiting for you reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Sincerely,
Ragini

Answer
Ragini:
Thanks for the question.
Given the rapidly changing nature as to what's Hot in HR these days, I would attempt to leverage your current experience and education into an HR spot here and then worry about what course work to focus on depending on the needs of your new company.
Having said that I would think that HRD would be the more flexible way to go course wise.
Good luck
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky