Human Resources/Selection of Course Work - OD interventions / HR in Oil and Gas

Question
Dear Professor Mani,

I am an international graduate student in the Department of Sociology pursuing a M.A at a University in Houston, TX. I am interested in pursuing a career in HR and have relevant work experience in working as a HR generalist and recruiter in the real estate industry as well as in the financial industry in India.

I am planning on enrolling for a course which would add to my knowledge and help me to find a job in the area of HR here in the US. I have the option of choosing two courses: 1. HR management in Oil and GAS sector 2. HRD in Organizational Development Interventions. I am confused about which course to choose and would thus like to know your opinion. I would be very grateful if you would kindly guide me to make the right choice and help me further my aspirations.

I have the course syllabus details. If you would need them to help you answer my question please let me know. Eagerly waiting for you reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Sincerely,
Ragini

Answer
I would recommend  HRD in Organizational Development as it is more broad based & relevant to all types of industry .

HR management in Oil and GAS sector has limited scope .

Since you intend to work in India , it may be useful to consider a course from SHRM ,which also operates in India ..

Incase you wish to speak to me for further guidance , you are welcome .

BEST WISHES !!

Human Resources

Prof R S S Mani