Human Resources/Begining stage of career

Sir,I have completed my chemical engineering this year and interested in doing MBA to change my line.I had dropped 3 years due to financial problems and then did engineering as i was passionate but gradually i learnt its not the work i would like to do all my life.Now the problem and confusion for me is that I am 25 and fresher.If i do MBA will it be a problem for me to get job as companies have criteria regarding age limit and dropping of year?Also what will be good to do job whatever i am getting and thnn do MBA or directly do MBA as i am sure i don't want to enter in my line.Thank you in advance.

Age has nothing to do with job .. There are many grads / post grads at 25 yrs range .. As a Corporate HR we are more focusing on the skills rather than age parameters.

If you can afford to do a full time MBA course you should consider doing it immediately without any further delay.  If you need to work due to family considerations, you can still pursue Executive MBA program with leading Universities.

Since you do not want to work in Chemical Engineering Department, you should chose Management as a career and move ahead.  For jobs in the management cadre they need you to be a MBA.

Let me know if i can be of any help  

Human Resources

HR Shared Services HR Consulting - including HR Outsourcing Recruitments Process Outsourcing Staffing Onsite HR / Recruiters HR Policies & Processes Compensation and Benefits Survey Employee Surveys Feedback Performance Management Succession Planning Creating Leadership pipeline Competency mapping Developing Learning / Centres of Excellence Business HR HR / Employee Manuals - Dashboards HR Audits Gap Analysis Exit Process Outsourcing Learning Process Outsourcing Start Up HR

Professional Experience & Achievements HR Policy Design & Implementation Involved in Policy making & manuals Comparative Industry study, Gap Analysis Updating and introduction of new ones Design and implementation of HR trackers relating to policies and practices Comp & Benefits and Rewards management Design and implementation Compensation and Benefits Policy Periodic Benchmarking Compensation and restructured Compensation / Levels Updating Grades and designations Advising Management on current trends in C & B with respect to annual increases. Financial impact analysis and creation of budgets for the year. Presenting Reports to Management effective cost control, Manpower cost budgets, and forecasting incremental changes for implementation. Presenting on Quarterly C&B data based on the reports from professional bodies Hewitt / Mercer supplemented by collecting informal data from other companies Parity analysis for new hires vis--vis the existing employees in similar grades / level Designed and implemented a robust and transparent Rewards Recognition system Performance Management Talent Acquisition Part of Project Team for composition and positioning of team members. Documented the level / grade and budgets for open positions, project estimation with respect to manpower costs and hiring costs. Designed and implemented cost effective hiring solutions maximizing Employee referrals with innovative campaigns. Career Management: Learning & Development Initiatives Communication and change management Employee Engagement Employee Retention

Ness Technologies Inc Bluestar Infotech

2 Blogs

Post Graduate in HRM