Human Resources/LinkedIn

Are you the expert that suggested I use LinkedIn to network myself and find out what employers are looking for? If so, is there a way to post things anonomously so I can gauge responses without damaging my own reputation by asking what might end up being dumb questions? Also potentially producing personal bias if someone is familar with my work history from the site, etc?

Hi James,

Yes I am. charged.      I'm here to answer honest questions- your question was a good one just so you know.  A few years ago I didn't know the answer to it myself until I had to learn the lesson ; and it was passed on to you in 5 minutes online.  It really helped me grow my business.  

No worries--   there are many people named James in New York and beyone.   I'm sure a lot of people on this site  will adopt a  pseudonym.   - fine by me.  Your question was very simple and non-descript.   I dont think any of your acquanintances will identify you and point and laugh about this question- it was good.   There is no way to identify you.     You did not post your last name (as some people do) or the line of work you are in (like some will) and there is no way to identify you.   Yes, your question and my response will come up online in searches for anyone with a similar question.

So, I'm glad you liked the advice and thank you for rating my answer last time.   

So, if you want to ask a "private" question that is not searchable on the AllExpert's site or Google, just click the box for "keep private" question.   Private questions are not searchable and do not come up by any means unless the Expert unchecks the box once they write the answer.  I have never done that to any questioner....I respect the wish to remain private.

Thanks for the follow up.     

PS,  this question will also be searchable--  In future, click " Keep private"  the next time you ask on this site for any member to respond privately.   IT works the same way, except not searchable online.

Brian Phillips

Human Resources

Brian Phillips

Foreign and US university students -*PLEASE*- DO NOT waste your time asking for my opinions, comments or analysis of your homework questions. Homework questions are not answered and are rejected. I am happy to help answer questions asked by employees and employers regarding United States based state and Federal wage and hour, OT, Fair labor standards, FMLA, COBRA, Recruiting, Interviewing techniques, employee manuals, discipline, terminations/quits, unemployment, HRIS rollout, Employee Leasing or Staffing company cost analysis, day to day scenarios, work situations and more. Essentially a well rounded HR generalist who operates Harvis, Inc., a human resource consulting and service business based in Northeastern Pennsylvania "NEPA".

At Harvis, Inc., we provide Human Resource products, services and advice to small businesses that may not have the time or resources to hire a full time HR department. For larger companies with HR managers in place, we compliment their expertise to help with time consuming or time sensitive projects like updating policy manuals, screening and interviewing and more. We make workplaces better by becoming that 1/2 person they need to help handle HR responsibilities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Formerly responsible for all Human Resource activity for a staffing agency with 2,500 annual employees as well as an employee leasing / PEO business with 1,500 annual employees. Designed and implemented the HR structure to support hundreds of clients in excess of $ 500 million in payroll volume over career in Human Resources.

* President 2006- Harvis Inc. HR Services * President 2010-13 Business Association of the Greater Shickshinny Area - Shickshinny PA * President 2013- ShickshinnyForward Not for Profit Community Long Term Revitalization Organization and former member of varios Chambers of Commerce and HR Taskforce, former President of NBC Business Club 2 years

Bloomsburg University - 1993 BS Marketing, Bloomsburg Pennsylvania and Luzerne County Community College - 1991 Business Administration, Nanticoke Pennsylvania

* Better than average - 20/10 vision * Bestowed with an occasional "Thank You" from clients and their employees.