Human Resources/HR jobs in india

Question
Hi Sir,
I am atul from pune i am currently working in BPO with operations i wanna change my feild and want to make a career jn hr feild i am a commerce grad with 62 % marks but i am not confident enough that whether i can secure first class in my masters as well because i am working an supporting my self financially so cant leave current job an cant take up other HR job until my MBA is completed i have two questions if i perform bad in my MBA that means if i just pass with pass class or 40 - 45% will i get a good job in the market will these poor remarks on degree effect my entire life long career an if i gain some experience in HR in consultancy will that help an cover up my poor performance in my masters will things remain the same or change as i gain experience

Answer
Dear Atul,

Hope you're doing good.

Why do you think of scoring 40-45% and why can't you score 100%. MBA is all about management and as per my understanding people already having some experience perform better in management courses and you seem to be an experienced person and computer savvy. Therefore you should think positive at first and remove negativity from your mind immediately.

Scoring good in academics does matter but there are other more important things like experience, attitude which matters more. People who score 40% too get jobs and they too reach to a higher level in their career but it takes some more time compared to another person who probably scored very well in academics.

In my opinion, you should join a part-time MBA in HR while working. Apart from that you should look for a job possibly in a placement consultancy or may be in a small firm to understand HR at first. While in next two-three years you'll complete your MBA in HR you'll be experienced into HR for 2-3 years hence that'll be good for your career and would be helpful in getting a good job in HR.

Please avoid doing MBA through distance learning programme as many companies have now upgraded their benchmark and they only appoint candidates having done full-time or part-time MBA.

Good luck!

Human Resources

Umesh Chaudhary