Human Resources/Unemployment

Question
If you are being forced to transfer to another location that is almost 2 hours away due to traffic and you refuse the company will terminate you. My question is can I still file for unemployment? This is going to cause me the following problems, I am in a salary position and this will no increase my work schedule to 14 hrs per day and force me to leave my kids home alone. My wife works from 2:30pm until 9:00pm and I normally get off at 4 pm now so I am home by 4:30 pm and my youngest son gets home at 4pm. As a parent I can't leave him there alone.

Answer
I am not positive in this situation as I do not live in your state and unemployment is a state run service.

In my state I am pretty sure that you would be allowed to draw unemployment but would caution you to call the Department of labor before you quit..they will not call your employer... and ask them.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR