Human Resources/annual review after less than 90 days at the company

Question
QUESTION: how is that possible? my manager doesnt even work at my office, so  how exactly can she give me an annual review, and is this a good sign? ive never had an annual review,with any of my employers before

ANSWER: Kesiha:
Welcome to the world of big companies!  Because of the time of year, there had to be a review on file for everyone.  If the results were shared with you and they were positive, no problem and I wouldnt be concerned.  if the results were less than positive, speak with HR.
I would not read anything negative in  what you have experienced.  It will most likely get straightened out before the next one.
Jim

QUESTION: bronchitis and probation period at work
ive been there for 77 days no call offs and i was sick over the holiday weekend, went back yesterday for my annual review thinking i was feeling better, my manager was like whatever you have, stay away from me.... well i woke up this morning with horrible chest pain, and decided to stay home to rest.....was that wrong? i use public transist so i have to wait in the cold for the bus just to get to work and then i have to walk 4 blocks and it hurts to breathe when i walk ...im on antibiotics and pain killers

Answer
Hopefully you went to the Doctor for this.  Call your doctor and get a note stating you should be staying home.  Call your boss to let him/her know your status and also ask how you should proceed regarding your illness and communication with your job. Beyond that, just get better.
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky