Human Resources/Very confused with my career

Hi sir, My name is Nidhi ,I have done my MBA (HR) through correspondence this year i Got my results, I m working in a private company , just for name sake, only 2 employees are here including me, I joined this company 2 month back because i thought i will get so many things to learn but from morning till evening no work at all, And i m very confused with my career as im not getting job in my field , can You please suggest me what i can do to polish my career? thank you

Dear Nidhi
I understand the pain of not having meaningful work. It can create a lot of self doubts & worries in the mind of the individual.

Having said that, what I have not understood is whether the total employee strength including you is 2 or this is the employee strength in HR.

If it is the former, then you need to quickly seek another job & move on unless there were compulsions for you to join here. If it is the latter, then I would like to understand how many employees are there totally & why is there no work available.

Please revert on the above and I will be happy to take the discussion further. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM