Human Resources/Post-Interview Procedures

Greetings Mark,
I had an interview at Kmart, and after the interview, the HR Lead said that I was given a yes. She gave me a paper with instructions saying that they are going to email me the job offer, which I must accept immediately and then a 48-hour window for a drug test will come up, which I have to print out the drug test passport. After that, further instructions will be emailed.
However, I haven't received the job offer email yet. I had the interview on Saturday, when should I expect the job offer email by?

Hi Dee!

Thanks for sending in a question!

I am not sure what the delay is.  Maybe by the time you receive this you will have your email from Kmart.

If not, you should send an email thanking them for the interview, saying your are excited about the opportunity and you look forward to further instructions.  I would then give them a couple of days and follow up with a call.

It has to be a hugely busy time of year so maybe a few days delay would be expected. Stay after them, I would expect you would hear from them if they gave you a "yes'.

Good luck, I hope this works out for you! If I can help you further let me know!

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.