Human Resources/Missing Experience Letter

Question
Dear Raghav,
I am currently working at an IT company since 2008. Before that, I was working with another IT giant. After exit interviews, I immediately joined the current company. However, I was unable to collect my reliving letter and experience letter. I am having payslips though. Can you please suggest how much this is going to impact my future career.

Best regards,
Vishal

Answer
Vishal

HR generally insists on Experience Letter the focus is more to know that you have worked for a specific period time.  In case you can prove with Pay slips - which has your name, designation, Month / Year and salary details.  With this you should be able to convince the new employer that you indeed had worked in first company and it was not any fake work exp

Try to approach the previous company again and make an attempt to get the Experience Letter ( no need for  relieving letter at this stage ) and i am sure if your relation with previous co is good they should be able to accept your request and give you RL

Human Resources

Raghav