Human Resources/Rehire Status

Question
I was with Forever 21 for almost 3 years. I began in a store from my hometown, and then moved 120 miles out for school transferring to another store in that area. I notified my new store that school wasn't working out in that area, so I had no other choice but to move back to my hometown.
During this period, my fairly new store manager was "cleaning house" in my current store. She was giving numerous people write ups, written warnings, and putting employees on corrective action plans. I was placed on a corrective action plan after receiving 3 write ups. During the period of my corrective action plan was when I notified my management team that I wanted to request a transfer back to my old store.
My store manager informed me that with a corrective action plan on my record, I would not be able to be transferred over to another store. Therefore, she told me that my main option was to put in a two weeks notice, and she'd make me rehire able on my paperwork to be placed into my old store; also she stated that my district manager agreed with this statement. I discussed this plan with my old store, and my old store manager was on board with a position open for me to come too.
Once the time came for me to go fill out an application, and continue with my position at home... I was notified that I was marked off as non rehire able on my paperwork. Is there anything I can do to fight against this?

Answer
Cassandra:
Of course none of anything you've told me is in writing, correct?
All you can do is pick up the phone and attempt to speak with the parties involved in the deal, starting with the school town store manager etc to see where the foul up occurred (if in fact it was a foul up.) and go from there.
Why were you written up and why wouldn't the school town store manager complete the get well program in your favor?
Other than the phone calls there is probably nothing more you can do other than to learn from the experience.... Get it in writing... There ain't no free lunch.
Hope this helps.  Let me know how you make out.
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky