Human Resources/HR topic for PhD sresearch

Hello Sir,
I am a HR professional with  total experience of 8 years in HR generalistic role. I have worked with IT and manufacturing industries in the past. I have primarily worked on handling grievances, consulting- performance issues or allegations etc, employee retention and engagement strategies and training and development. Currently I am working as a freelancer HR consultant who collaborates and works with small set up ventures/ entrepreneurs in setting HR department for their organization. I seek your help in identifying the topic in HR on which I can do my research through PhD program. Some of the topics that I feel I can contribute to are:
-Employee engagement
-Work-Life balance through flexible working environment
-HR challenges in small set ups.

Your guidance regarding the same would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Rakhee,

Hope you're doing fine.

The idea of PhD is to find out grey areas or innovation in a specific field or subject. Therefore choose a topic which can help you in research for which you already have some idea and through which you learn something new.

I find Employee Psychology an interesting topic but explore yourself how will you use this subject for research or what would you research. Another good topics you may use are Organisation Development or Business HR.

I would say instead of Work-Life balance through flexible working environment you should only choose a topic of "Work & Life balance". The topic of employee engagement is also good as you may come across different versions of employee engagement activities.

Warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
New Delhi, India

Human Resources

Umesh Chaudhary

I prefer to answer question(s) related to Human Resource processes, career development and counseling.

Over 12 years in the field of Human Resources.

1. An article published in India Today on sexual harassment, 2. People challenges on How to retain talent 3. Management & Human Resource

MBA (HR), M.Phil (HR). I hold various accreditation in the area of Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Employment Laws. I strongly feel the more knowledge you share the more you'll get to learn. There is no age to learning therefore I stay abreast with new developments into HR and Labor Laws; I prefer to attend regular seminars, professional gathering, workshops and lectures. I am also associated with All India Management Association, National HRD Network (Delhi Chapter).