Human Resources/Mandate direct deposit

Question
Please advise where I can find the information on Mandatory direct deposit for employees in NJ

Answer
I do not find that you are able to mandate direct deposit in New Jersey.

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wagehour/lawregs/selected_nj_state_labor_law.ht
From the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development.

here are the regulations:

34:11-4.2a. Payment by deposit in financial institution; consent by employee; cancellation; notice

In lieu of paying wages directly to employees as provided by P.L.1965, c. 173, s. 2 (C. 34:11-4.2), an employer may, with the consent of some or all his employees, arrange with a financial institution or financial institutions to pay the wages of each employee so consenting by causing the amount of such employee's wages to be deposited in an account maintained in any such financial institution in the name of such employee, subject to withdrawal and other disposition by such employee to the same extent and in the same manner as if such deposit were made directly by such employee. Any such employee may, on timely notice to the employer, elect not to have his wages deposited as provided herein, and to be paid such wages directly in the manner otherwise provided by law. Financial institution as used herein means any State-chartered or Federally-chartered institution authorized to accept deposits in New Jersey.

Shirley  

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR