Human Resources/help with request to rehire letter

Question
i worked for a union for about two weeks and failed a drug test. i only did it once before i started working but i just it was still in my system . i never smoked since then a year ago. their decision was for me to sit out for a year and then i can come back.now they are asking me to write a letter. before i left i did get a recommendation for being a good working from my mananger. not sure how to write this letter please help.

Answer
To

Manager
ABC Company

Dear Sir

This is to inform you that as per the terms - i did sit out for a period 12 months, now i wish to come back and start my work.

I wish to state that i have stopped smoking since a year ago and I am not in the habit of taking any drugs.  My medical records bears testimony to this.

I am happy to share with you that Mr.          , Manager was happy with my performance.  He gave a recommendation about me being good.

I am pretty much interested in this job, and assure that i will not resort to any kinds of drugs / smoking or other related activities.  I wish to focus purely on my career and assure that i will do my best.

Do give me an opportunity to serve your company.

Human Resources

Raghav