Human Resources/question

Respected Sir.
         This is Ria here. Sir, i just passed my class 12 with 80.25%. I am about to do mass communication at Shri Shikashayatan college in Kolkata. I want to become an Human Resource manager. Should I opt for mass communication or should i change to English?? and if I do mass communication. will I be able to do MBA in HR??? and will I be able to get a  job in any Multinational company in the Human resource department???
         Sir i am really eager to know the answer. Waiting for your response eagerly.
         Thanking you in advance.

I am glad to know that at your young age you are thinking of making a career in HR.

First you should complete graduation and then pursue MBA with specialization in Human Resources Management. As regards job the same will depend on your % of marks and if you have merit you can get into your dream job

Human Resources

HR Shared Services HR Consulting - including HR Outsourcing Recruitments Process Outsourcing Staffing Onsite HR / Recruiters HR Policies & Processes Compensation and Benefits Survey Employee Surveys Feedback Performance Management Succession Planning Creating Leadership pipeline Competency mapping Developing Learning / Centres of Excellence Business HR HR / Employee Manuals - Dashboards HR Audits Gap Analysis Exit Process Outsourcing Learning Process Outsourcing Start Up HR

Professional Experience & Achievements HR Policy Design & Implementation Involved in Policy making & manuals Comparative Industry study, Gap Analysis Updating and introduction of new ones Design and implementation of HR trackers relating to policies and practices Comp & Benefits and Rewards management Design and implementation Compensation and Benefits Policy Periodic Benchmarking Compensation and restructured Compensation / Levels Updating Grades and designations Advising Management on current trends in C & B with respect to annual increases. Financial impact analysis and creation of budgets for the year. Presenting Reports to Management effective cost control, Manpower cost budgets, and forecasting incremental changes for implementation. Presenting on Quarterly C&B data based on the reports from professional bodies Hewitt / Mercer supplemented by collecting informal data from other companies Parity analysis for new hires vis--vis the existing employees in similar grades / level Designed and implemented a robust and transparent Rewards Recognition system Performance Management Talent Acquisition Part of Project Team for composition and positioning of team members. Documented the level / grade and budgets for open positions, project estimation with respect to manpower costs and hiring costs. Designed and implemented cost effective hiring solutions maximizing Employee referrals with innovative campaigns. Career Management: Learning & Development Initiatives Communication and change management Employee Engagement Employee Retention

Ness Technologies Inc Bluestar Infotech

2 Blogs

Post Graduate in HRM