Human Resources/CCP

Can I stop receiving CPP once I enrolled in it. I am still working and I want to stop receiving CPP.

If you are aged between the ages of 60-64 you can cancel your retirement pension up to six months after it starts.

■ You have to put the request in writing to cancel the pension and send it to CPP at your nearest Service Canada office.

■ You must pay back all the benefits you received.

■ If you were working during this time, you must also pay CPP contributions on any earnings while you were receiving the pension.

If you are 65 or older you can work as much as you want and still draw your CPP. You cannot contribute any amounts into the CPP after 65.

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions pertaining to Compensation, Health Benefits, Retirement Plans, Payroll,Payroll taxes, Employee selection, Employee Termination, Training, and Employee Incentives. I have offices in U.S., Canada, UK, South Africa,Australia and NZ. I am most confident in the U.S. and Canadian but have knowledge of the internationals. I do not have extensive knowledge of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. I do have some Human Resource Knowledge in those areas. Please do not ask me homework questions, I do not have time to answer them.

I currently hold both the U.S. and Canadian Payroll Certifications. I currently hold the SHRM PHR certification. I have worked in the Human Resources area with high emphasis on compensation and benefits for 25 years at the same company. My company is an international company and I work with our International offices whenever there is a Human Resource area needing addressed. I volunteer on the American Payroll Association hotline and have for the last 10 years or so. I answer many questions each week for other payroll and HR professionals, mostly on taxes, benefits and compensation issues. I have been the trustee for our 401K plan for Retirement benefits and our 125 Cafeteria Plan for Health Insurance benefits.

SHRM, National APA, National DOLEA, State National Mentoring Network I.O.M.A. Advisory Board

Boise State University Human Resource Certificate Program PHR through SHRM CPP through American Payroll Association Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification through Canadian Payroll Association Published writer of Payroll and Benefit articles in a payroll Publication 25 years experience in an International Company

Citation of Merit 8 years in a row for hotline service for A.P.A. Honor Award for child mentoring service through RSVP and National Mentoring A "Pat on the Back" award for outstanding leadership as a Youth Group Leader by "The Salvation Army." Runner up for Employee of the Year at my Company twice and Employee of the month 4 times.

I used to answer questions on when they had a similar quesition and answer section. I volunteer for APA hotline I also belong to several HR forums when I often answer questions