Human Resources/emotional physical harrasement

Question
Hello,I am a young 60 year old female,that unfortunately has acquired I believe a nervous bladder. my job for the past year has been a dressing room attendant in a retail store. I am not permitted to leave dressing room unattended at any time or the consequences: I would be fired. My issue is I have been told to call for relief to use the restroom,problem being for me...I do this and no one comes to relieve me or they say they will get someone there when able, on several occasions no one comes. I have to stop and pled with a fellow employee to please watch fitting room for me. ( My using the bathroom
entells 3 min. at the most.)  Which causes me much discomfort and fear I will unfortunately  wet my pants or dress.I have becme so uncomfortable and embarresed having  fellow employees know of my distress when there is no need for any of this. I have spoken to my manager and he said it will be taken care of just to call and they will relief me. NIce if it happened, but it doesn't . I donot know what to do. I am an excellent employee management recently did evaluation and verified this. Also, I have asthma and this is causeing me a lot of undo stress ! I am so upset as I have spoken with management about this to no avail. I am concerned of being fired if I leave dressing room unattended to use restroom, but I cannot do this to myself anymore causeing myself pain and discomfort and I pray not an asthma attack from panicing about this whole issue while at my job. Thank you  PLEASE HELP I need to fix these issues somehow real soon. I like my job, I donot like the unnessary, I feel abuse to me emotionally and physically.

Answer
Brenda:
I sympathize with you.  If you havent already done so, get a note from your doctor regarding this condition and any accommodation needs.  Give this to HR as evidence for your condition. I would also suggest (if you feel comfortable) with one or two of your coworkers (that youre friendly with) arranging coverage for when you need it.
Beyond that there isnt much I can suggest.
Let me know what happens.
Jim  

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky