Human Resources/Joining / Approaching Ex / Former Employers.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Jim

I would like to know the pros and cons of approaching Former /
Ex-Employers, Ex-Employees both from Employees and Business owners point of view ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Thanks for the question.
I am not sure exactly what you are asking me.  What is the objective for the contact.
Please follow up.
Jim

QUESTION: Dear Jim

Thank you.

The Objective of the contact is to work again (if got a opportunity) for the Ex-Employer.

What are the pros and cons for a Job seeker to approach ex-employers
i.e. Companies where he/she has already worked before ?.

Is it better to work for new prospective employer or working for
ex / former employers ?.

What parameters can be considered for the same viz monetary benefits, designation,roles and responsibilities,knowledge gained,corporate culture,training programs etc ?.

In the same context,

What are the pros and cons for Employers to recruit ex-employees against prospective candidates ?.

i.e.

1. If you are a Employer, would you hire ex-employees ?.
2. If you are a Job seeker, would you approach ex-employers for
job ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant:
We have an acronym here K.I.S.S.  (Keep it simple stupid). Your answer is easy. It all depends on the circumstances of the departure from the company.  Ethically, no problem either way.
Some large companies have a policy on rehires but most dont.
If the relationship was a good one why not.
As to pros and cons, same answer.  there is no hard and fast rule.
As a prospective employee, you must make the decision regarding a job offer exactly the same whether you were there before or not.
Good luck
J

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky