Human Resources/Resending message because it is not private! Is this opportunity worth the trouble?

Message from client:
Currently we have a contract with company X providing desk person coverage 8am- 12pm every day of the week. Recently company X was acquired by a new company and the new company cut the benefits and the employees were not happy. The board would like to retain the employees but hire another company that will take on the 4 employees, hours and pay below, and offer them benefits like paid time off, insurance and 401k. We currently do not have a copy of the contract because it proceeded us but we are paying them $1,738.52 per week $90,403 annually. If you are interested let me know.

Employee Hours

CJs 40 hours x $ 14.50

Sheila 40 hours x $12.00

Rose 16 hours x $ 12.00

Porter 16 hours x $ 12.00

I am always interested in discussing business opportunities, even if they dont go forward.... but this would require you provide a lot more information as well as  a phone discussion.  I'm not sure what you are really looking for here,  but I'm fine with answering some of your questions and help to get you on your way.

So are these "temporary Associates" or "Leased employees"?  There is a BIG difference and unless you are in the staffing and leased employee industry, the differences although seemingly minute are very substantial mainly relating to the employment responsibilities, Federal and state registration and reporting issues, compliance, workers' compensation, shared or non-shared benefits, unemployment, etc.   It is not a picnic if done sloppily.

Since you do not mention whether this is a staffing agency or leased employee relationship,  for now, I'll assume it is a staffing/ temp situation since they are more common and simpler.   I am assuming you are a company who uses temporary employees via a staffing agency?   It sounds like the staffing agency you get your temps / associates through has been sold to another staffing company who has changed the comnpensation package of 4 staffers working at your job site.   The 4 people you are referring to are employees of that agency; not your company where this Board resides.    The amount you mention ,  $  1,738.52 is the weekly bill rate you pay the agency for these employees to work at your jobsite.

It sounds like you want to retain these employees, and offer them "better" benefits similar to what they had earlier and since you dont have the service agreement, this can be an issue as you dont know any of the terms of the original agreement or the new agreement.  Was the agrement transferrable ?  Was it renegotiated  to keep rates and benefits at a certain level ?     Was there an agreed upon markup percentage?    Are benefits included or excluded ?   Can you "buy out" the remaining contract?    Can you just take over the employees?    Does your company PREFER to not hire these on your own payroll for some reason ?  Why dont you hire the staffers ?   How long have they been  "temporary associates" or "agency associates"?

So, there is a lot to get through and I'm not totally sure what exactly your question is; nor your specific intent with contacting me on this.     Please contact me to discuss   866-285-2746.

Thanks and good luck,

Brian PHillips

Human Resources

Brian Phillips

Foreign and US university students -*PLEASE*- DO NOT waste your time asking for my opinions, comments or analysis of your homework questions. Homework questions are not answered and are rejected. I am happy to help answer questions asked by employees and employers regarding United States based state and Federal wage and hour, OT, Fair labor standards, FMLA, COBRA, Recruiting, Interviewing techniques, employee manuals, discipline, terminations/quits, unemployment, HRIS rollout, Employee Leasing or Staffing company cost analysis, day to day scenarios, work situations and more. Essentially a well rounded HR generalist who operates Harvis, Inc., a human resource consulting and service business based in Northeastern Pennsylvania "NEPA".

At Harvis, Inc., we provide Human Resource products, services and advice to small businesses that may not have the time or resources to hire a full time HR department. For larger companies with HR managers in place, we compliment their expertise to help with time consuming or time sensitive projects like updating policy manuals, screening and interviewing and more. We make workplaces better by becoming that 1/2 person they need to help handle HR responsibilities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Formerly responsible for all Human Resource activity for a staffing agency with 2,500 annual employees as well as an employee leasing / PEO business with 1,500 annual employees. Designed and implemented the HR structure to support hundreds of clients in excess of $ 500 million in payroll volume over career in Human Resources.

* President 2006- Harvis Inc. HR Services * President 2010-13 Business Association of the Greater Shickshinny Area - Shickshinny PA * President 2013- ShickshinnyForward Not for Profit Community Long Term Revitalization Organization and former member of varios Chambers of Commerce and HR Taskforce, former President of NBC Business Club 2 years

Bloomsburg University - 1993 BS Marketing, Bloomsburg Pennsylvania and Luzerne County Community College - 1991 Business Administration, Nanticoke Pennsylvania

* Better than average - 20/10 vision * Bestowed with an occasional "Thank You" from clients and their employees.