Human Resources/unemployment

Question
I got fired from my job over something i did not do so i have ti fill for unemployment till i find another job i have filled an been waiteing 5 weeks an not got any mobey are a decision i thought it take 21 days to make a decision can they do that

Answer
First thing you need to know is that you have a week waiting period for any unemployment benefits. Than generally you are unable to collect unemployment benefits if you are terminated from your job unless you can prove it was not your fault you were terminated. In this case they are doing an investigation and those can take a little while to complete. I would keep checking back with the unemployment office to see how your case is coming along and find out when it is settled. If you are turned down you can still appeal the results.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR