Human Resources/Follow up or not follow up after submitting a resume?

I have read and been told several pros and cons on this topic from professionals.  Because the pros still exist, and I agree with the pros, I have from time to time reached out to the hiring person after submitting my resume.  Unfortunately, I have yet to receive that response of "thanks for emailing me, when can we meet?".  I actually have never received any response.  Until recently, I received a harsh and cold response from the hiring person calling me "inappropriate and unprofessional" for reaching out to her.  Should I allow her nasty response to me stop me from ever sending out following emails again?  Should I even let her HR department know about her unprofessionalism in attacking someone back who was just introducing themselves? Could complaining about the hiring practices (I was very much qualified for that position, and my education exceeded the requirements) black list me?  Not only was I not considered, but her response to me was insulting.  Thank you.

Please do not allow the unprofessionalism of this individual to keep you from communicating with Human Resources for the company for which you have applied.

Most Human Resource people are just so busy that we cannot answer every resume that we receive. I can receive up to 300 resumes for one job posted.

I try to answer the emails that I receive. If the job is filled I simply state that. If we are looking for a different skillset than I let you know that we are looking for someone with a different skillset.

This would not mean you wore not qualified it would mean I was looking for a particular skill that was not prominant on your resume.

For instance I am looking for an IT person that writes code in C++ right now. If that is not listed prominantly on the resume that resume will not be considered for the position. I am not looking for a line that says the candidate has the experience, but an employment listing that shows he has actually worked and used that skill in actual employment.

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions pertaining to Compensation, Health Benefits, Retirement Plans, Payroll,Payroll taxes, Employee selection, Employee Termination, Training, and Employee Incentives. I have offices in U.S., Canada, UK, South Africa,Australia and NZ. I am most confident in the U.S. and Canadian but have knowledge of the internationals. I do not have extensive knowledge of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. I do have some Human Resource Knowledge in those areas. Please do not ask me homework questions, I do not have time to answer them.

I currently hold both the U.S. and Canadian Payroll Certifications. I currently hold the SHRM PHR certification. I have worked in the Human Resources area with high emphasis on compensation and benefits for 25 years at the same company. My company is an international company and I work with our International offices whenever there is a Human Resource area needing addressed. I volunteer on the American Payroll Association hotline and have for the last 10 years or so. I answer many questions each week for other payroll and HR professionals, mostly on taxes, benefits and compensation issues. I have been the trustee for our 401K plan for Retirement benefits and our 125 Cafeteria Plan for Health Insurance benefits.

SHRM, National APA, National DOLEA, State National Mentoring Network I.O.M.A. Advisory Board

Boise State University Human Resource Certificate Program PHR through SHRM CPP through American Payroll Association Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification through Canadian Payroll Association Published writer of Payroll and Benefit articles in a payroll Publication 25 years experience in an International Company

Citation of Merit 8 years in a row for hotline service for A.P.A. Honor Award for child mentoring service through RSVP and National Mentoring A "Pat on the Back" award for outstanding leadership as a Youth Group Leader by "The Salvation Army." Runner up for Employee of the Year at my Company twice and Employee of the month 4 times.

I used to answer questions on when they had a similar quesition and answer section. I volunteer for APA hotline I also belong to several HR forums when I often answer questions