Human Resources/human resorce

management is less impotant than leadership..criticallly discusss this statement

This looks like a homework question, however I'll indulge with an answer.

I disagree with the premise of the question. It supposes that they (Mngt & Ldrship) are in the same space.

Management is the execution of a task, vision or goal and leadership is the thought process, vision and idea of how to achieve the end result.

No matter how bold,innovative or visionary a leader is, a leader without good management is not going anywhere, so they must have good management. They are two different areas of focus.

Let's talk about the individuals in the process, the Manager and the Leader. A Manager must by needs, be a leader however a leader does not have to be a manager in order to lead. A great leader will surround themselves with strong people who in many cases might be great strong managers. They will in-turn lead those below them.

You will also find great managers who are not great leaders.

Good luck with the homework.  

Human Resources

Evan Glassett

Greetings - I can answer questions in the areas of Talent Development, High Potential or HiPo Development, Leadership and Leadership Development, Coaching and facilitation.

I have worked for the last 16 yrs in the fields of training and development, coaching and leadership and talent development. I hold a B.S. in Speech Communication and a M.A. in Organization Development and Management with a focus in Leadership Coaching.

B.S. Speech Communications University of Utah M.A. OD&M Fielding Graduate University - Santa Barbara, CA

Orange Business Services Saudi Electricity Company NASA Jet Propulsion Lab Ma'aden Saudi Mining Company Alghanim Industries