Human Resources/another question

Hi AO!
You have experience.  But only you can determine if you have the skill, knowledge, and competency sets to apply for an HR job, or, consult in an HR specialty.  I cannot advise you as to what specific position as I do not know your HR experience (benefits, compensation, employment law, communications, etc).   From what you have told me I would suggest you look for an HR supervisor’s position but work as a consulting HR specialist, focusing on the HR areas that you are confident in… areas where you have knowledge, skills, competencies .  

I am a consultant.  Consulting provides the freedom and flexibility to work when you want to and to focus on other things as you listed (writing, dancing, modelling, art design and so on). Here in the USA there are agencies that specialize in sourcing HR people, Engineers, Finance people so possibly you have similar agencies in your country.  If so you can source your work through them.

Another alternative is to find an HR supervisors position in a large company and work that position full time as you build your external consulting work.

I wish you the best AO!

so you I was expected that you ll said consultancy is the best , so you advise me to be HR supervisor firstly to reach HR consultancy ?

is there international certificate let me HR consultancy ?

I ll send you my specific role on my old company to evaluate my HR aspect , if you mind to send me my personal email

thanks you for your cooperation and advise

Hi AO,

Yes, it would be good if you had management / supervisory experience in HR before starting a consultancy.

You do not need a certificate for HR consultancy; you just need to name your consultancy business, create brochures, business card and a web site which highlight your business, expertise and background, experience and  that explain the focus areas in which you consult and the benefits and value you can deliver to clients.

Also do some research on competitive consulting rates -- lots of info on the net about that.

Then market you business through your network, colleagues, and social media.  You become a consultant when you successfully retain your first client.

Send me your resume and I'll take a look and get back to you.  Send to

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.