Human Resources/Knowledge management

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Good Day. I am Md. Omar Faruk from Bangladesh. I did my BBA & MBA from Bangladesh. In MBA my major is HRM. Now I want to do PHD in HRM in Malaysia. Could you please suggest on which topic I can do PHD and your guidance regarding how to start it is highly appreciated. I had worked in a Telecom Industry in Bangladesh & I have 3.5 years job experience. I think that Bangladesh Telecom Industry related topic is very helpful for me to make the research proposal. My LinkedIn ID is "".

MD. OMAR FARUK

ANSWER: Dear Omar

You could consider in any one of the following :

Defining Career Path
Succession Planning for sustaining growth
High Rewards for High performers
Learning & Development to enhance skill base

You could also consider thinking what is more relevant for Telecom industry in Bangladesh.  Identify the HR challenges being faced there and come about with solutions

QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your cooperation. Sir give me some proposal topic such as Human Resource management practices and Employee's satisfaction towards telecom sector in Bangladesh. Also suggest me how I can prepare my research proposal.

ANSWER: Dear Omar

You can consult your guide or Research Scholar under whose guidance you will be doing this project.

Best idea is to prepare 1 page synopsis about the project giving highlights and process methodology to be followed for the research

QUESTION: Dear Sir,
can you tell me please how many problems that faced by Telecom industry without knowledge management. Also tell me the objectives of Knowledge management.

Answer
Objectives of KM

1. To Capture Knowledge - This goal can be achieved by creating KM repositories. Those will consist of structured documents with Knowledge embedded in them memos, reports, presentations, articles stored in a way that they may be easily retrieved.
2. To Improve Knowledge Access To facilitate the processes of knowledge transfer between individuals and between organizations.
3. To Enhance the Knowledge Environment by proactively facilitating and rewarding knowledge creation, transfer and use.
4. To Manage Knowledge as an Asset some companies are including their intellectual capital in the balance sheet, others are leveraging their knowledge assets to generate new income from or to reduce costs with their patent base.

The growth of a company purely depends on how effectively the knowledge base is nurtured, maintained and constantly upgraded

Human Resources

Raghav