Human Resources/pls send the answer to this question to my email id

Question
1.   Among the different types of leadership styles, which style would be suitable to democratic country like India to become superpower in business? Justify your answer.

Answer
Dear Bavani I don't have your email so I'll answer it here. -

This is a sticky question because there is soooo much more to it other than just Leadership Style. For instance if you take the Democratic style which is building consensus and being willing to cede power when the time is right, you build good relationship but you also limit yourself when you give up the power. On the other hand if you take th autocratic style of leadership you can alienate people because of the autocratic style itself.

I think the answer is more in the maturity of the people of India rather than the power at the top. The people have to believe in the system of leaders and be willing to support it and actually participate in it. The second answer is that there has to be a system that people believe in and which is equal for all. As long as the cast system is in play in India you won't become a superpower. India might become a power but not a superpower. The third thing to keep in mind is that Superpowers aren't really a factor anymore. Everyone in the world has power and as social media becomes more powerful, you and I as individuals hold the power.

One last thought. Thomas Jefferson the second American President said, "If the people fear the government there is tyranny, but if the government fears the people there is freedom". No style that puts the people in fear of the government will achieve superpower status for a sustainable amount of time. They may do it for a while, but it will fail.

Good luck.

Evan

Human Resources

Evan Glassett