Human Resources/email subject while reapplying for an ex-job

Question

I have worked in a company for 7 years and then resigned joined another competitor company where I worked for 9 months. After 9 months I had left the job due to pregnancy.Now it is almost 1.5 years that Im at home without job and planning to restart work again as my baby is ready to go for daycare facilities.I would like to join back in my first company and have drafted an email message with my Cv to my old manager. I need an apt subject line for the email, since Im not sure if there is a vacancy there, so cannot write application for the post of....)nor application for rehire.

Answer
Dear Diya
It is indeed heartening to hear of your choice to go back to work & to the company you worked for earlier. I assume the company welcomes ex-employees with open arms and has that practice.

If that is the case, my submission would be that you call a relevant person such as someone in HR whom you know or your ex-boss and share with them your intent & desire of rejoining the organization. If they do have the practice and value what you have done there, they will be best placed to share with you the route to get back. You may not need to write an application of the nature that you have written at all.

Hope this helps. Do revert if you have any further thoughts or queries on this. I will be happy to respond. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava