Human Resources/Reapplying for my former employer

Question
Hi Shirley.

Greetings!

I am currently employed but I think I can't find my personal career growth in my current employer.

With this, I want to reapply in my previous employer which I believe I can avail the knowledge I am aiming for.  But the problem is, I was terminated from my previous employer due to love affection with my co-employee which cause threat to other employees.

Please help me to make a letter of intent in reapplying to my previous employer.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Answer
Jo Jo,

Your question came to me and not to Shirley who it seems was your intended HR Expert.   Please ask your question again to Shirley if you like.  Since I'm here though, I'll offer my two cents.  

If you were actually terminated for the reason you expressed in your question, it is unrealistic to believe you will get back your former job by asking for it and writing a letter to be reinstated.    Companies are not under any obligation to rehire employees and some even have policy prohibiting it.   I dont think Shirley, or other HR people on this site would help to write a letter like what you ask for since it is so hard to do so not knowing any of the details- your side and the company's side.    Also I'm not asking you to tell me any details either-  I don't need to know.  

The best letter of intent YOU can write is just fill out and submit an employment application or send a resume with a cover letter,  explain BRIEFLY in the cover letter you enjoy the work there in the past and are seeking employment.   If you fairly indicate you are a past employee, the hiring manager will check the records to decide if you are eligible for rehire.

I hope this helps somehow.

Good luck.

Brian PHillips

Human Resources

Brian Phillips