Human Resources/selecting hr sub

Question
hello sir,
     plz guide me in selecting these hr specialization subs out of 8 i have to select any 5..in these subs which will be useful for my  future hr job..  

MS-21 Social Processes and Behavioural Issues 
MS-22 Human Resource Development 
MS-23 Human Resource Planning 
MS-24 Employment Relations 
MS-25 Managing Change in Organisations 
MS-26 Organisational Dynamics 
MS-27 Wage and Salary Administration 
MS-28 Labour Laws 

n plz help me to ans this question.. what is institution building and the process of institution building?

Answer
Dear Ashwini
All of these subjects have their own importance in the life of an HR professional. The subjects that you choose can be based on the kind of roles that you want to get into & the kind of industries you are keen to consider. For example if you are keen on manufacturing industry where there is a lot of work to be done with the workmen, then MS-24 & 28 will be useful. However, if that is not the case - i.e. you want to work in a white collar/ knowledge worker industry then, you can skip those two.

MS - 22 & 23 are core to any HR role that you take up. So do include those in your choice. MS 21 will add to basic understanding of people. So suggest you add that too.

There is likely to be an overlap between MS-25 & 26. So, you could choose to drop one, perhaps MS 26 though I would decide that after seeing the details of the curriculum. This option will be valid if you are dropping MS - 24 & 28 based on your first decision point. Else you would have met your quota of 5 with 21, 22 & 23.

Hope this helps you decide.

Regarding institution building & process for doing the same, I would like you to first surf the net and read books related to that since there are many perspectives to this & not just one answer. So, developing your own understanding of the same will be more useful than any one response to it. Once you have done that & are willing to share what you have learned, I will be happy to add my perspective to it. The purpose is to enable your own thinking.

Hope you understand the thinking behind this. Do revert if you have any further clarifications or questions on the same. I will be happy to respond. All the best.  

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava