Human Resources/HR career access

Question
I m working for 4.5 yrs ago on managing and recruiting crew members
working on-board oil service sea vessels (50 vessel and 700 persons
manage them alone) , this kind of work activities let me detect that I
have the following skills :

- personal communication skills
- negotiations skills
- fast and creative problem solver
- photographic memory
- management skills
- leadership skills
- work under pressure
- planning and organizational skills

I want to assure if the mentioned skills can  let me open an career on
HR , if yes how can I start that or apply for HR jobs despite of I
didn't work as an HR before

2- how can I write proposal to cooperation for working as HR
specialist regarding to mentioned skills above

2- does I have to support my skills with MBA or diplomas  ?  if yes
which is better from your point of experienced view a) mini-MBA on HR
 or b) HR intensive diploma ????????????

require your full guidance and advise

thanks and best regards

Answer
It sounds like you have experience in some of the major skills needed for HR. It would depend on the employer whether or not they would accept your skills or if they require a diploma. Perhaps you could be certified from a training course in HR which takes less time than obtaining a diploma.

I do not know which country you are in, however, many countries have training courses for HR that you can take to obtain certification. In the US it is through SHRM and you can be certified as a PHR (professional Human Resources).

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR