Human Resources/I want to work in hr, but is it unstable?

Question
I work for a casino now as a retail clerk. The area is small, job is easy,I'm decently paid, and most of the people I work with are nice aside from a egomaniac co-worker. (I only dislike the random schedules, and I don't want to work retail for the rest of my life)

I have a degree in Media and a minor in Business Administration. There is a entry level position I applied to within the same casino it's a Human Resources Representative. I fit the qualifications which was limited, they didn't even require a college degree.

Because of this I'm scared, I'll leave my good stable job for something less certain.If it's TOO good to be true it normally is. This casino is known to change the name of a job and have people fighting for their jobs back, in most cases if you didn't kiss the right ass it doesn't end well for you even if your a excellent worker.

How stable are hr positions?

Answer
It is impossible to say in your position without knowing the nature of the job. Generally HR jobs are stable and most HR people stay in their jobs for years. I have been with my company for 32 years. I started in payroll and ended up in HR and now I am the HR director.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR