Human Resources/follow-up last question about HR

you had said

You have good experience and skills.  What you need now is a good resume (proposal) highlighting those skills and others that apply to HR.  So you can do a bit of research and find great model resumes to work with… I just “googled” “examples of good HR resumes” and found several examples.  So use those to sculpt your resume.  You should also research for good cover letter examples.  And remember the best way into a company and interview is through networking.  Many HR and other positions do not make it into a social or public forum. So list your contacts and work through them… peers, friends, relatives, etc.

What HR course to take, depends on what you would like to specialize in in the HR field.  By far, the best paying and providing a good pathway to top executive HR positions is the compensation and benefits track.  However, HR generalists who are skilled in multi-facets of HR can also occupy positions at the top as well, in many companies reporting to the CEO.

In the end either distance or on-campus curriculum will work to further your education.  I am not sure there is a great difference.  If you earn the degree you earn the degree.
But you can’t learn everything in school.  It is the practical work world, on the job experience, that is the best teacher.  The degree(s) will open the door for you.  My advice would be to find a job in the HR field and return to school while you work to earn the HR degree.  As you work in the HR field your experiences will help guide you into your preferred career track – Compensation and Benefits, Generalist, Employee Relations, Training and Development, etc.

Good luck to you!!!

so I had did a lot of researches online I found an orgranization called " "

I found a many exams , I confuse which one is suitable for me but firstly I wanna ask you

1- whats your opinion about those exams ?
2- does those exams is confined for USA proffessional only or for world wide proff noticed that it is global organization ?
3- can those proff certificate can let me develop on my career level moreover can enbale me licensed as HR proff and let me work all over the world ?
4- does international HR prof certified ll increase my salary rates ?

last thing you have to know that I had obtainend a bachelor degree on electronics and communication engineering also I m skilled and talented on the following

- voice over acting
- sing-act-perform
- creative writing (movies-theathre-stories-poems)
- music
- minatures and diorma and collage creation

also I m crazy about entertianment industry , I thought that I can combined all the talents mentioned to work as HR certified proff applied on entertainment or media companies pleaae comment that idea ?

My advice has not changed much. I believe it would be best to find a job in the HR field and return to school while you work to earn the HR degree.  As you work in the HR field your experiences will help guide you into your preferred career track – Compensation and Benefits, Generalist, Employee Relations, Training and Development, etc.

So I believe you should delay further education such as a full HR degree, or HR related certification and begin working in HR.  In a year or two your experience and advice from others in the field will help clarify your direction. Certifications will not necessarily result in an increase in pay.  The level of the position normally determines the range of compensation.  Certifications will assist in advancing your career which in turn should result in increased compensation.

The important point is to start work in HR in the industry you prefer.

Best Regards,

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.