Human Resources/Sales Career in Banking

Question
Greetings Sir
I'm about to start my career in Banking as Probationary Officer.
There are chances that,I may be given Sales Dept. But many people have many assumptions and fear about sales in Banking.. Why people fear.. If we have Confidence in Sales(capable, how it is beneficial in Creaming,Benefits, growth) our career??
In short I want to know whether sales is an excellent opportunity or not.. Or there is no difference even if we go to sales or be as PO.
Please reply Sir...

Answer
Dear Rahul,

Hope you're doing fine.

I can't recall which of the career options are bad. Every job has pros and cons when you're in Banking I feel more Pros than actually Cons. Selling is not tough like you said if you have confidence and positive attitude.

I have known one thing that skills are not always important because one can pickup it up soon but more important is the attitude or the approach towards work.

Sales is definitely an excellent opportunity because you have targets and you can always exceed them with a positive attitude and developing selling skills in you. Upon achievements of targets you also get incentive over and above salary. A cousin of mine is employed in sales with banking institution and his product is selling Insurance. He says his first month was quite tough on the job but now after 6-7 years he's hands on and leads a team of close to 10 sales executive. He has got many rewards including foreign trip last year.

Therefore according to me, there is no difference if you pick up a 9 to 5 job in PO or take a strong career into sales. The choice is yours.  

Human Resources

Umesh Chaudhary