Human Resources/Best Employee award certificates.

Question
Dear Pankaj

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Best+Employee+award+certificate&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=JGKeU9aML9aXuASM1oHIDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=699

Do you feel Best Employee Award certificate can be given on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis to deserving candidates based on their performance by cos ?.

This effectively will motivate the employees as they have gained appreciation from the corporate for their work ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant
The response to that question is based on the context of the organization & how they want to build the culture of recognition. At the heart of it, it is about recognizing people. It can be done for different aspects such as acknowledging someone for help to recognizing for some good work, to performance etc. It can therefore be done in different ways - from a simple thank you to I value you cards to recognition certificates to any other form.

Different approaches work for different organizations. Each one has to decide what will work best for them. The only thing to watch out for is that if it becomes like a quota, then it will lose its credibility. It needs to be genuine as felt by the person who wants to acknowledge.

Hope this helps you get some clarity. Do revert if you want me to clarify any aspect or have further queries. I will be happy to respond. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava