Human Resources/Master roll employee related

Q: In our country, Bangladesh, a term is used as ‘Master roll employee’. I have not found any proper definition or explanation about that. I was familiar with this term first when I, as a HR officer, had to employ some persons of 4th class level (i.e cleaner, sweeper, ward boy/girl etc) in our Hospital. I don’t know full well about what other else sectors, apart from Hospital, are employing this type of employees.  In the internet I found the below link where ‘Department of Roads and Highway’ are also found to be engaged in employing this type of employees.

I want to know about it in detail. [Redwn, Bangladesh]

Dear Redwan,

Hope you're doing fine.

It's called muster roll; which is basically an attendance register of employees employed in a factory/office. It's prescribed by specific state Government. It is mandatory in all kind of company premises.  

Human Resources

Umesh Chaudhary

I prefer to answer question(s) related to Human Resource processes, career development and counseling.

Over 12 years in the field of Human Resources.

1. An article published in India Today on sexual harassment, 2. People challenges on How to retain talent 3. Management & Human Resource

MBA (HR), M.Phil (HR). I hold various accreditation in the area of Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Employment Laws. I strongly feel the more knowledge you share the more you'll get to learn. There is no age to learning therefore I stay abreast with new developments into HR and Labor Laws; I prefer to attend regular seminars, professional gathering, workshops and lectures. I am also associated with All India Management Association, National HRD Network (Delhi Chapter).