Human Resources/PF and Salary payment

Question
QUESTION: Q: Sir, I am an Assistant Manager & In-Charge (HR Department) in a `Medical College & Hospital’. There, many employees (permanent/temporary/contractual) of different levels leave their jobs without giving prior notice or information of their resignation to the competent authority although it is mentioned in their respective appointment letters that they have to inform about their resignation minimum one month prior to of the date of their release (or if it is not mentioned for the temporary/contractual employees, it is only for a general rule). But after some days or months of their release from service, they contact HR Department or Account Division and demand their salary of the days they served along with PF accrued. Our organization has no clear rule in this regard, so our competent authority gives salary & PF to some one (specially to the higher level like Doctors or somehow relatives or staffs possessing relation) and not gives to some one (like mid or lower level staffs how has no power to do anything), according to what he wishes. How shall I deal with the staffs who are deprived and what should I explain?

ANSWER: REDWAN,
I  UNDERSTAND  YOUR  SITUATION.
YOU NEED  TO DISCUSS  THE  MATTER  WITH  YOUR  CEO  OF  THE  ORGANIZATION.
RE-DRAFT  THE  POLICY  AND  SET  THE  REQUIRED  RULE.
GET  CEO  APPROVAL.
CIRCULATE   THE  COPIES  OF  THE  POLICY.
ALL  TERMINATIONS   AND  PAYMENTS  ARE  CARRIED  BY  HR  DEPARTMENT
FOR  ALL  THE  STAFF  MEMBERS  AND NOBODY  ELSE.
Management approval. Review your proposal with management, presenting your rationale,and overall market comparisons. Discuss concerns you may have uncovered about specific positions or grades, and educate your management about the process used. Outline your implementation plans.
Communicate. Develop appropriate communications for managers and staff. Let them know all of the work that went in to the exercise, and how the organization compares to the market. Be careful here — you need to obviously put on a positive spin .

QUESTION: Thank you Sir for your warm advice. Sir, the staffs, who are not given the portion of the monthly salary the days they served in the notice period for their negligence to fulfill the formal rule of release from service, struggle to say that 'All right, we did not follow the notice period rules to be released, but yet we served for some days in the notice period also. So it is our right to be given at least the salary of the given days we served'. Some time, it seems to me that they are right when I see them they are poor. Sir, can it not happen that in this case we pay them the salary of the days they served in the notice period, but pay them 3/5 months or more months later as punishment? [Redwan]

Answer
REDWAN,
THOSE   STAFF WHO  DO  NOT  FOLLOW  THE  NOTICE  PERIOD
1.SHOULD  BE given at least the salary of the given days THEY  served'
2.THE  BALANCE  SHOULD  BE  PAID  AFTER  3  MONTHS.

BUT  THIS  RULING  MUST  BE  LAID   OUT  IN  THE  APPOINTMENT   LETTER   VERY  CLEARLY.

REGARDS

Human Resources

Leo Lingham