Human Resources/PF and Salary payment matter

Question
Q: Sir, I am an Assistant Manager & In-Charge (HR Department) in a `Medical College & Hospitalí. There, many employees (permanent/temporary/contractual) of different levels leave their jobs without giving prior notice or information of their resignation to the competent authority although it is mentioned in their respective appointment letters that they have to inform about their resignation minimum one month prior to of the date of their release (or if it is not mentioned for the temporary/contractual employees, it is only for a general rule). But after some days or months of their release from service, they contact HR Department or Account Division and demand their salary of the days they served along with PF accrued. Our organization has no clear rule in this regard, so our competent authority gives salary & PF to some one (specially to the higher level like Doctors or somehow relatives or staffs possessing relation) and not gives to some one (like mid or lower level staffs how has no power to do anything), according to what he wishes. How shall I deal with the staffs who are deprived and what should I explain?

Answer
Not knowing what your country's employment laws look like, I can only give you a practical response.  Policy enforcement must be consistent across all salary levels.  Now, having said that, you indicate that in many cases there is no written policy.  In order to insure consistent  treatment of employees, "competent authority" must approve said policy.
Additionally, here in the states, if an employee leaves without notice, this can appear on a reference report and no severance is given.
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky