Human Resources/Salary & PF

Question
Q: Sir, I am an Assistant Manager & In-Charge (HR Department) in a `Medical College & Hospitalí. There, many employees (permanent/temporary/contractual) of different levels leave their jobs without giving prior notice or information of their resignation to the competent authority although it is mentioned in their respective appointment letters that they have to inform about their resignation minimum one month prior to of the date of their release (or if it is not mentioned for the temporary/contractual employees, it is only for a general rule). But after some days or months of their release from service, they contact HR Department or Account Division and demand their salary of the days they served along with PF accrued. Our organization has no clear rule in this regard, so our competent authority gives salary & PF to some one (specially to the higher level like Doctors or somehow relatives or staffs possessing relation) and not gives to some one (like mid or lower level staffs how has no power to do anything), according to what he wishes. How shall I deal with the staffs who are deprived and what should I explain?

Answer
First of all everyone should be treated the same this is an unfair practice to give to some and not to all.

I am not sure of the rules in your country, you will have to check with your government to see what your rules are.

In our country it is illegal to withhold a final paycheck is notice is not given, even if it specifies that notice should be given.

If it is legal to do this in your country you should say to them the amount is being withheld because the proper notice to terminate was not given.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR