Human Resources/Apply for a job

Question
Dear sir/madam,

I am currently employed within the aviation field.

I applied for a job to an airline several months ago and i was called for an interview.
After the interview, which was on the 29th of August 2014, i received an email saying that they  were very pleased of what they saw and that they would like to put me on the shortlist of people that will make an official offer in due time.

Anyway while i am still waiting for the offer to come (more than three months now), another job opening got my attention and i really want to apply for.
The problem is that is within the same airline that i am waiting for the offer. Different position though but the same company.

So my question is "Is it wrong to apply for a position while waiting for an offer to come from another one within the same company?"

Regards

Answer
No it is not wrong to apply to another position at the same airline.  Shortlist is a list of candidates which have been approved by HR for hiring. We go through the shortlist to find the one candidate we want to hire. Being on this list does not mean you will be offered a position.

Shirley

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR