Human Resources/insubordination

Question
Hello,I was recently terminated from Wal-Mart due to insubordination. I'm scared that this will hinder my chances of gaining new employment. Can you give me advice.

Answer
Antonio,

You asked for advice-- here it is-- dont worry about it.   Just find yourself a new job with another company.   If you aren't immediately hired,  don't go back blaming the reason you were terminated as the reason a "new company" will not hire you.  

Too many job seekers are overly concerned about their reasons for termination or the situations that helped them leave a prior employer.   If you have an interview and you are asked why you are no longer at Wal Mart,  you respond with the truth.

Since I dont know the details,  and am not interested in the details,  you should say somethign like...
" .. my boss and I were cut from a different cloth and we didnt see eye to eye.  One day, I said or did something I'm not proud of, and it resulted in me being let go"

So, be truthful.   Very likely Wal Mart would not respond to companies calling to get a reference check on you because they likely only check dates of employment, pay rate and whether you are eligible for rehire.

Go find work and dont look back.   I hope this helps.

Brian Phillips

Human Resources

Brian Phillips